This is a simple 5 minutes middle splits routine I use to try and get my chest to the floor.
The formula is quite simple:
- Grab a book (or movie on your phone)
- Sit in a split position
- Reach forward until it hurts
- Get distracted (start reading more!)
- Over time inch forward more
- When you get as far as your natural weight will take you, add weight
- Inch forward
- Eventually add gravity
- Rinse and Repeat daily.
Here is a video showing you what I mean:
San Antonio native Logan Seth Ramirez is a martial arts student and proud father of four. He trains in Tae Kwon Do and American Tang Soo Do at the Christian Taekwondo League (part of the Tang Soo Do Karate Association) under Master Jose Ramirez alongside some of the kiddos.